Search This Blog

Monday, December 23, 2019

Hanukkah Day One 2019

Traditional Blessing Thoughts

On the first day of Hanukkah , My Father gave to me...
  • Opportunities
What opportunities did you receive today?

I am so grateful for the opportunity to learn more about Hanukkah today, both through online resources and sharing what was placed in my heart about Hanukkah being eight days to celebrate the restoration of my temple through the Grace of G-d.

I received some wonderful words of encouragement in scripture from a humble prophet who has been called into a five -fold ministry.
Amazingly, some of these scriptures are echoed in the traditional Hanukkah blessing that is said before lighting the first  chanukia wick.

So far, I have learned that while many chanukiah have candles, it is preferable to have one that burns olive oil and uses cotton wicks - in remembrance of the lamp that was lit in the temple after it was cleaned of desecration.

What have you learned about Chanukah?

No comments: