Search This Blog

Saturday, November 21, 2020

Hugs From Heaven!

Hugs From Heaven?

Yes, God will even send hugs from heaven. There is an old song called “Pennies from Heaven”. I believe all kinds of things can come from Heaven – even hugs! Twice I’ve received hugs from heaven when I cried out to God that I really needed a hug. Have you received a hug from heaven too? Please drop me a note in the comments below and share your experience too. 

Lord, I Really Need a Hug!

Note: This blog has referral links from companies who will pay our writers a commission at no extra cost to you when you shop through them. Thanks
The first time I cried out “Lord I really need a hug”,  it seemed like everything was going wrong, and I was debating whether to stay where I was or move on. I cried out in my heart, “Oh Lord! I could really use a hug!” I felt prompted to pull into the Bibles for Missions store. 
Walking inside, I was surprised to see a girl I’d grown up with standing in the book aisle. I was overjoyed to see her. Why? For some reason, while I was growing up, there was just something about her that always brought peaceful happiness to my soul. Here she was in a city two hours from where we’d grown up! 
I shared with her about the silent prayer I’d sent up. She prayed for me and gave me a hug. I felt blessed, but the best surprise was yet to come. 
When I turned to go, I felt a prompting “Look in the book” My eyes fell on a short slim volume tucked into the bookshelf behind my friend. There was no title on its edge, but I felt compelled to pull it out. The title? Hugs for Women on the Go! 
See Hugs for Women on the Go on eBay

Lord, I Really Need Another Hug!

The next time I cried out in my heart for a hug, I was on a plane headed to a new job. I had no idea what awaited me, and I was in so much pain from the bruising in my feet that I needed to use a wheelchair to get around. I’d had to leave everything but one suitcase and a carry-on behind. I prayed that the dried fruit I’d made and chickpeas I’d packed would be enough to get me through till I was able to get some food. “Lord, I cried out in my heart, I really need a hug!” 
The people who picked me up at the airport were shocked at how little I’d brought with me. “Where’s the rest of your stuff?” the caretaker’s wife asked.
 “I had to leave it behind,” I said adding jocularly, ”That’s the curse of the reimburse- when you don’t have the money to pay for the shipping upfront.” 
I’d been told that I would be on the ground floor of a seven-plex because  I was in a wheelchair. When we drove up to an elevated tri-plex, I was rather bewildered. Apparently, there'd been a change in plans. I didn’t know how I was going to climb the steep steps to get into my unit. I plopped myself down on the steps and bump, bump, bumped my way up the stairs.
Upon opening the door the caretaker and his wife gasped "We thought this place was fully stocked!" 
My job was supposed to include a fully furnished home at a reduced rent. Note to self I thought glumly: Always find out what is meant by fully furnished.
"We'll be right back," the caretaker's wife said.
True to her word, they were back shortly laden down with mugs, dishes, pots, and pans.
"They didn't have any blankets at the store, "she said, then pulling a box from a bag, added, "But I found this, I hope it will do."
I could scarcely believe my eyes!
There on the box in bold print was "Feels like a hug!" Tears sprang into my eyes. "It's perfect I cried! It's just what I was praying for." 
Feels Like a Hug - Bell and Howell Weighted Blanket


Every night as I snuggled under that soft weighted blanket, I thanked God for listening to my prayers, and for that family who listened to the prompting in their heart to bring me the blanket in that box that read - "Feels like a hug!"


Have you had a hug from heaven too?
I would love to hear your story of how God listened to your cry for a hug.

Pop a note in below before you go!
or Tweet Me,
This post was proofread with the free version of Grammarly
There are some advanced issues that can be fixed with a premium version. 
How many can you find?

No comments: