Search This Blog

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Living in Limbo

 Waiting!

Have you ever been living in limbo? Stuck between? Waiting and waiting and waiting?

This post is an update to Turtle Dove Thoughts: Fighting For My Life! Prayers Welcome!

There is a wonderful Bible study available on the Bible Offline app by Mr. Rocco called In God's Waiting Room that addresses just such times in our lives. 

I am very grateful to God to still be alive, and I know His timing is perfect, so daily I am putting my faith in Him. His thoughts are not my thoughts and His ways are not my ways.

What, you may ask am I waiting for?

Well, I believe I'm waiting for God's timing to be just right for me to be able to see Dr. Rey Robes of the One Stop Medical Centre at 700 Markham Road in Toronto, Ontario. You see on October 1st, Dr. Carina Hoang saw me at the hospital on MooseFactory Island and sent a referral to be faxed to Dr. Robes. I was to see Dr. Robes within 7days of the referral, but there was a slew of really weird mixups. I finally got to have a telephone appointment with Dr. Robes about October 19th, when he said he wanted to see me in his office and I've been trying to get to him ever since then.

The staff at the Holiday Inn Express in Timmins Ontario have been wonderful. They faxed Dr, Robes for me a week ago, but I still have not heard anything back yet. I need to know when my appointment will be so I can book my flight. I certainly don't want to fly to Toronto without an appointment booked, as Toronto is now going into a grey alert due to the Covid-19. 

I have been trying to call the office, and not getting through, So I've started reaching out to churches, politicians, and random strangers on Twitter asking if somebody could please go to his office and let him know that I am trying to get in touch with him. 

Each night I pray and ask God to please show me what to do. I wonder if this is how Job felt as he was going through his ordeal. I am thousands of miles away from where I grew up, and as I wait the last of my funds are running out like sands through the hourglass of time.

This I know is true - God loves me. He sent His only son to die for me, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

Shabbat Shalom!

Su

No comments: