Search This Blog

Saturday, March 9, 2024

Va Yakhel 29 Adar 1 5784 - Messianic Readings, Thoughts, and Resources

"And Moses Assembled" -Va Yakhel Messianic Shabbat Study

Can you imagine trying to get the multitude of people who left Egypt together for an assembly? Anyone who has held school assemblies knows this is no easy task, yet today, there are Evangelists who lead huge crusades where auditoriums are filled with thousands upon thousands of people. It boggles my mind. But then again, I suppose people who attend sporting events in large stadiums, would not find this remarkable at all.
Note: Although I am still adding to this post, I am posting it now so people who might need some of these resources for Shabbat can find them.  Creator willing, I will be back to add to this. Please excuse the errors. How many can you find.?Message me here on X with any questions or suggestions @Sister_Su

The prescribed readings for this week's Shabbat - 29 Adar 1 5784  posted by Messianic Rabbi David Stone Jr. on Facebook are:
  • Torah- Exodus 35:1-38:20 and because of Shabbat Shekalim Exodus 30:11-16
  • Haftarah- 2 Kings 11:17-12:17  
  • New Covenant-  Hebrews 9:1-11  and Romans 15 
And pray for Israel together!

Rabbi David Stone Jr. welcomes people to join their congregation in person or online on Shabbat/Saturday 03/01/24 from 10:30-10:55 AM for fellowship and set up time and 11 AM to 12:30 PM.- Their Congregation meets at Christian Fellowship Church 3950 Pointe Parkway, Beaumont Texas 77706.  Park near the main office entrance in the front of the building.  They are in Classroom #2 just past the restrooms.
Live at a distance, like me?  Thanks to the blessing of being able to get internet, folks around the world can view the Facebook live on Rabbi Stone Jr's Facebook profile.. or the website at https://congregationmelechyisrael.org/

Note: This blog has referral links that help our writers eat when you make purchases through them. Please refrain from making purchases on Shabbat.

My Starting Question - What is Shabbat Shekalim?

When I saw the readings for this Shabbat posted, my first question was - What is Shabbat Shekalim? When I searched Shabbat Shekalim, I was brought to a Torah study posted at the beginning of the invasion of Ukraine. I hope I can find that YouTube again because the Rabbi shared a lovely prayer for peace in the video. Then I ended up going down the long YouTube rabbit hole. When I was done listening to numerous YouTubes about the Bible, I still had not accomplished my goal of trying to find out what Shabbat Shelakim is. Has this ever happened to you?
So I apologize for running away behind time in my Shabbat post.
There seems to be something really wonky going on with the formatting of my posts as well, so apparently somebody must not be too happy with what I am sharing in these posts.

In the Shabbat Study today with Messianic Rabbi David Stone, he explained that Shabbat Shekalim is the Shabbat before Purim and remembers when it was commanded to give a half shekel to make an atonement for your soul. 

Shabbat Studies Overview

I was having a difficult time finding a connection between the Haftarah scripture reading for today and the other scripture readings, so I asked Bing's AI extension to give me a hand. Here is a clip from its answer.
In summary, these passages connect themes of worship, obedience, restoration, and the fulfillment of God’s plan through Christ. The tabernacle in Exodus foreshadows the greater work of redemption accomplished by Jesus, our eternal High Priest.

Torah Studies Overview

Exodus 35:1-38:20  Starts with Moshe assembling the people together  (the reason for the name of this Torah section)and reiterating that no one was to work on Shabbat, then explaining the things that were needed for the construction of the Tabernacle. The remainder of this section of the Torah is a very detailed description of what the Tabernacle looked like.

Torah Studies Resources

Torah Studies Thoughts

Exodus 35:1-38:20 Thoughts 
I found the information Rabbi David shared in today's Facebook Live about the use of the mirrors donated by the women for the construction of the Tabernacle very interesting. It reminds me of how in Acts Our Father told Petros not to say something is not holy if He has declared it holy.
Many times we may not see that someone is doing something that is holy, but it is holy in the eyes of Our Father.

Haftarah Studies Overview

Coming Soon!

Haftarah Studies Resources

Coming Soon!

Haftarah Studies Thoughts

Coming Soon!

New Covenant Studies Overview

Coming Soon!

New Covenant Studies Resources 

Coming Soon!

New Covenant Thoughts

Coming Soon!

About This Author

Sister Su is grateful to God for keeping her alive. She is a Trent/Queen's Concurrent Education graduate with over 20 years of teaching experience. She writes on several blogs, has a YouTube channel and is most easily reached through Twitter @Sister_Su See her link tree for more details:@Sister_Su | Linktree

This post was proofread with the free version of Grammarly

No comments: