Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Thankful Thoughts Along My Journey

 We Cannot Direct the Wind - We Can Alter Our Sails

First, I am grateful to God for loving us so much to send His Son to die for me and show me the way to go home.
Secondly, I am grateful for the amazing healing miracles I have had in my life.
Third, I am so grateful that God has kept me alive through all kinds of crazy things and given me multiple "Get out of jail free cards" when I have cried out to Him for forgiveness.

I was employed as a teacher in a northern isolated community where my home was part of my salary. When I became ill, I was no longer able to go to work. Almost overnight I received a huge number of blows:
  • Dr. Hoang said I would die unless I had an emergency cath done on my heart.
  • I no longer had a job.
  • I was homeless.
However, I am grateful for so many things along this journey. Like what?

Gratitude for People Who Have Tried to Help on My Journey

I am very grateful for all the people who have been praying for me. Prayer changes everything.

I am so grateful that the community where I had been teaching very kindly helped me get to the flight out and even paid for me to leave the reservation on a flight. to see the internist, Dr. Robes, whom I was supposed to see by October 8th.

I am very thankful to the wonderful crew at Thunder Air who saw me safely onto and off the plane. You may think this is a little thing, but when you have problems climbing stairs and are semi-ambulatory, it's a whole other story.

The staff at Holiday Inn Express have been exceedingly kind and thoughtful in trying to help me contact the internist and in a multitude of ways. I am also exceedingly grateful for how clean all three rooms I have stayed in have been.
.
Being on blood thinners and stressed out has definitely affected my ability to think clearly, so I am sure there are things I would have done differently if my brain was getting enough iron and oxygen, but I am trusting in God's perfect timing to get me where I am supposed to be.

What are you thankful for today?
Su

No comments: