Search This Blog

Saturday, October 21, 2023

Thank You For Shopping Faith Gear!

Thank You So Much For Your Faith Gear Purchase!

The other day, I was delighted to see that one of my readers had chosen to make a purchase through my link to Christian Faith Gear through my blog. Since I have no idea who makes purchases through my links- unless you leave me a confidential comment, I have no way to personally thank you - so whoever you are that made this purchase - thank you very much! 
I am praying that your purchase will surround you with the peace that passes understanding and brings you comfort and joy.
Scripture:
  • Matthew 10:32 Πᾶς οὖν ὅστις ὁμολογήσει ἐν ἐμοὶ ἔμπροσθεν τῶν ἀνθρώπων ὁμολογήσω κἀγὼ ἐν αὐτῷ ἔμπροσθεν τοῦ πατρός μου τοῦ ἐν οὐρανοῖς· 
Note: This blog has referral links that help our writers eat when you make purchases through them. Would you like to write on Turtle Dove Thoughts? Guest Bloggers are welcome. Please drop a note in the comments below.
Faith Gear Christian Men Hoodies
Click Here to Shop Faith Gear Now!

Dare You Wear Your Faith?

I take Wheeltrans quite regularly and usually, I am the sole passenger on my rides.
While these are becoming dangerous times to proclaim your faith publicly in more and more places around the world, I never imagined I would be treated so horribly in Canada. 
On one of my most memorable rides, the bus driver did his best to terrorize me on my ride home. I was the lone passenger.  The guy took one look at my blue eyes and fair skin and something inside him made him decide to take me for the ride of my life!
As we neared my neighbourhood, he jeeringly announced"Look I made a wrong turn! Now how am I going to find your address?"
 
I looked up from my quiet prayers- as he had been driving very fast and said "Oh, if you just turn left here, this street will take you there - or you could use the GPS I guess."
"I turned the GPS off!" he snarled and made a right turn heading further away from my destination.
Then he proceeded to take me on the weirdest bus ride I had ever been on. He was accelerating and braking- driving up and down over curbs in a nearby parking lot. Next, he made another turn to the west, and then south! The bus headed further and further away from my address. 

Then it came into my heart to show no fear and dare to share .
I started singing - loudly! I can't remember what I sang that day, but it strengthened my resolve to show no fear.

Conversationally, I said, " It certainly is a lovely day for a ride. " 
"Do you know what the most important thing in life is?  Prayer!"
The driver's head twitched.
I felt like I had gotten his attention.
"You know what I have come to believe about prayer?"
" I believe that everyone praying to God and wanting to good is praying to the same God."
"Yes," I emphasized -"Everyone wanting to do good is praying to the same God."
The runaway bus slowed a bit.
"Yes - just like in the story of Peter and Cornelius. Have you heard of Cornelius? Well, Cornelius was a Roman soldier. He was praying to the only God he knew and an angel came and told him to send for Peter who would tell him about Jesus."
"Yes,". I emphasized again, "Whoever is praying to God and wanting to good is praying to the same God."
The bus then turned a corner and headed back towards my neighbourhood.
When I got off the bus at my destination I noticed that he appeared to be in pain with his back.  As I hobbled down the ramp with my cane, I said, "Oh my! You look like you are in terrible pain! May I pray for you?"
He nodded his head.
"May I touch your shoulder ?" I asked,
He nodded,
I  gently touched his shoulder and prayed in all sincerity for his pain to go away.  
"Well, they say that Pentecostals and Jews are nice," the bemused driver muttered to himself.
I came inside and thanked Our Heavenly Father for sending His Son to die for me so the Holy Spirit could abide in me and guide me in what to say on that crazy bus ride that day.

Sources:

About This Author

Sister Su is grateful to God for keeping her alive. She is a Trent/Queen's Concurrent Education graduate with over 20 years of teaching experience. She writes on several blogs, has a YouTube channel and is most easily reached through Twitter @Sister_Su See her link tree for more details:@Sister_Su | Linktree

This post was proofread with the free version of Grammarly

No comments: