Search This Blog

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Signing Amazing Grace

Do You Love the Song Amazing Grace?

People around the world love the song Amazing Grace.
Did you know it was written by a slave trader who in the midst of a storm had his eyes opened to how he had gone down the wrong road? John Newton turned his life around and this song became known around the world. There is a very detailed story about how the slave trader John Newton became a slave abolitionist on the Olney Church Website that is fascinating to read.
Note: This blog has referral links that help our writers eat when you make purchases through them. Would you like to write on Turtle Dove Thoughts? Guest Bloggers are welcome. Please drop a note in the comments below, or fill in the Guest Blogger form

Amazing Grace Vintage Print showing words and music
Find Amazing Grace Vintage Print Here


This post contains the words to Amazing Grace as well as a video you might like to share with children so they can learn to sign this song and sing it too.

We Play Along Signing Amazing Grace

We Play Along offers some great signing videos aimed at children to help children learn to sign songs.
Here is their free video teaching how to sign Amazing Grace.

Song Lyrics -Amazing Grace

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found
Was blind, but now I see.

’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved,
How precious did that grace appear,
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares,,
 I have already come
’Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

If you have a favourite song you would like to learn how to sign, they will be happy to try to create a video for you.

This song is especially precious to me, as God has saved me and preserved me through numerous toils and snares.

Have a wonderful day filled with wonders,
Su

P.S. If you are looking for a great resource for hymns and the stories behind them, check out Then Sings My Soul: 150 of the Worlds Best  Song Stories by Robert Morgan on eBay

About This Author

Sister Su is grateful to God for keeping her alive. She writes on several blogs, has a YouTube channel and is most easily reached through Twitter @Sister_Su

This post was proofread by the free version of Grammarly

No comments: