Search This Blog

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Learning About Zoom

 Do You Zoom?

Years ago I hosted a Saturday Night Skype show for business, but nowadays everyone seems to be zooming. I just attended my first zoom meeting thanks to a new friend on Twitter and his Pastor's Bible study.
I've seen people tweeting about pretty embarrassing things happening during zoom meetings, so I wanted to be sure not to do anything like that.

Protecting Your Privacy While Zooming

A number of years ago, I saw a presentation about the importance of being careful about what you let people see in pictures that you share online. Did you know people can even hack into your camera? The first thing I did when I bought my laptop was to cover the camera with a sturdy sticker. 
So - no embarrassing photos - check!
Now, what about embarrassing sounds?
I couldn't figure out how to mute my microphone at first, so I went into my settings and turned it off. No embarrassing sounds - check!

Zoom Meeting Problems

Since zoom meetings are very new, there are a number of problems that can happen. One of the most frustrating is someone coming into your meeting who doesn't belong there aka Zoom Bombing.

I found this great video with fabulous tips from Brandon at Tech Republic on how to prevent zoom bombing and a whole host of other problems.

Help Me Learn to Zoom!

They say an old dog can't learn new tricks, but hey, I'm not a dog, so why not give it a shot? I'm going to try to do a zoom meeting soon with a few folks who are very kind and very patient. Does that sound like you?
Please drop a note in the comments below if you are willing to put up with my first zoom attempt.  Thanks in advance,
Su

P.S. You may be interested in some of these other posts I've written:

No comments: