Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2021

Homeless Suspended Teen Becomes Smart Working Entrepreneur !

Overcomer - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Had Rocky Start 

This morning, as I sat here wondering where I'm going to go, and what I'm going to do the story of a man who was homeless more than once, came across my path.
Dwayne Johnson recently launched a new healthy energy drink along with some colleagues. Did you know he has been homeless more than once too?

Good News Network  Shows Dwayne Thanking His Rescuer

Dwayne aka "The Rock" in wrestling circles, posted a video on his Instagram account showing himself gifting a truck to a man. Known for his philanthropy, you might think, "Oh that's nice." and walk on by. However, there is a very special story behind this gift, 
Screenshot of Dwayne Johnson from the Good News Network

The recipient of this gift is a man who took Dwayne in twice; first,  as a homeless teen and then again when he was trying to get his start in wrestling. 
Dwayne frequently shares his faith in God publicly and how grateful he is for God being in his life. Does it surprise you to hear that he was homeless not just once, but twice?
Normally I gain encouragement from scripture when facing tough times. From what I've read, Christ didn't have the money to pay His taxes, nor did He have a place to lay His head. He encouraged people to give everything away and follow Him, not burdened by the extras this world has to offer. Sometimes though, it can be very encouraging to read about overcomers from this era. Overcomers like Dwayne Johnson.

Dwayne Johnson Homeless Teen

According to Dwayne, when he was a teen, he and his mother were kicked out of a place for not having enough money to pay the rent. Dwayne was sent to live with his father, but that didn't work out. A guy living in a tiny room in the Alamo Plaza Hotel named Bruno took him in. 
Bruno also helped Dwayne buy his first car -a used clunker complete with a guy sleeping in the back! So in the video, where Dwayne gifts Bruno, (a little guy with a huge heart, a new truck, Dwayne jokes that the truck is 100% crackhead free!

How Dwayne's Testimony Encouraged Me This Morning

I find it encouraging to read this piece this morning., Why? I am currently sitting on the edge of being homeless once again. 
 I had a dream that I was going to have a new home about a month before Dr. Carina Hoang told me she believed I'd die if I didn't have a cath done on my heart immediately. That was October 1st.
Now, I am finally getting to see the Internist, Dr. Robes, today. It's been a long crazy painful journey from the hospital on Moose Factory Island where I was discharged with a handful of prescriptions and an urgent reference to see the internist within 7 days, but here I am - sick, broke, and as of tonight, I will be homeless once again. My EI Sick Benefits have not come through. I lost my home and teaching position with the school board when I was not able to go to work. 
Everything I own fits in a battered secondhand suitcase and backpack. Everything I have, except for my faith in God. That is one thing that cannot and will not be shaken, nor taken from me. As long as I have God. I have everything I need. Perhaps the time has come to go to my new home, the one Christ promised me in my dream.

Dwayne Johnson In His Words

Here is Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's Instagram post where he gifts Bruna a truck that is 100% crackhead free.

Gratitude Thoughts While Teetering on the Edge of Homelessness

This morning I am grateful to still be alive, to have received this bit of encouragement through an email from the Good News Network, to have wifi access to share this encouragement with you, and the physical and mental capacity to do so. 
May it be a blessing to you, as it has been a blessing to me.
Thanks for stopping by, 

1 comment:

Sister_Su said...

Thanks for popping by! Do you know of an overcomer story that would be encouraging for others to read?