Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2021

Waiting - Perfect Timing Brings Amazing Results!

Have You Experienced Amazing Timing? 

Scripture:
  • I know the plans I have for you - plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Jeremiah 29:11
When I was first healed of the Fibromyalgia that had plagued me for over 13 years, I still had permanent nerve damage to my face. While I was grateful for my healing, I kept going up for altar calls and appealing to God "Why did you not heal this too?". 
When God did heal me of the permanent nerve damage to my face, I understood why I had needed to wait.
Why did I need to wait for my permanent nerve damage to be healed?

 Waiting for Healing

You also might like:
I believe I needed to wait because I was so new to the idea of being healed that I had stardust in my eyes. You see, while I cognitively knew that God had healed me, an inner part of me was giving praise to the people who had prayed for me, rather than giving all the glory to God. I needed some sound teaching that would secure in my innermost being the understanding that anyone who believes in Christ can pray for others and they will be healed.
Finally, one evening at Victory Christian Centre, in Port Perry, God's timing was perfect. 
I had been truly blessed through John and Vicky Popowich's outreach ministry that they were doing in Omemee. They had driven me to several places to several places to share my testimony of God healing me of Fibromyalgia, and that night they drove me to the Joan Hunter Ministries Healing school arranged by Pastor Benschop in Port Perry. 
Joan started the program by saying "If anyone came here wanting Joan Hunter to heal them, you may as well leave now. I don't heal anyone ." A gasp went up through the packed room, and there were more than a few downcast faces. Joan then proceeded to teach on how God can use anyone to pray for others. She gave some excellent encouraging examples from her life. Joan then proceeded to call up different groups of people: people who needed new knees, backs etc. However, what I needed to be healed didn't fit into any group. I saw some amazing things that night including a huge hump on a woman's back totally smoothed flat! The evening was drawing to a close, and Joan apologized that she was not able to pray for everyone. She then directed us to turn to the person beside us and ask if they needed prayer. The woman beside me said, "I've heard your testimony about being healed, but I've also seen you go up and ask for more healing. Is there something you still need to be healed?" I nodded with tears streaming down my face. "Would you like me to pray for you?" she asked. I nodded. She prayed. Then God took the permanent nerve damage to my face away!
In that instant, I realized that if I had been totally healed in that first healing, I would not have been giving the glory to God, but to the people who did the praying. In addition, I would never have had the volition to pray for others and see people come to God.
Are you waiting for healing? 
God hears every prayer. He answers every prayer. His answers are "Yes", "Not yet", and "I have a better plan". 
For me at that time, His answer was not yet. 
When I had Uterine cancer four years ago, I had to go through an operation. His answer was "I have a better plan."
An even better example of God having a better plan is this story of Joni Eareckson Tada whom God has used in amazing ways.
The following video by Joyce Meyer has great teaching about how God's timing is perfect. I hope you will like it as much as I do.
Have you had an amazing experience with God's perfect timing??
Pop a note in below and let me know!
or Tweet Me,
Note: This blog has referral links that help our writers eat when you make purchases through them. Would you like to write on Turtle Dove Thoughts? Guest Bloggers are welcome. Please drop a note in the comments below, or fill in the Guest Blogger form. 
This post was proofread with the free version of Grammarly

1 comment:

Sister Su said...

God's timing is amazing! I love to hear people's stories of God's perfect iming in their lives.
How has God shown His perfect timing in your life?