Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Mystery Shopping for Our Creator?

Wondering Why There Are Poor People? 

When I first read that Our Saviour said, "You will always have the poor with you." I was very disappointed. As a matter of fact, I believe my exact thoughts were - "Well that stinks! Surely Our Creator can get rid of poverty!" Then I was led to see, the importance of people who are living in poverty - the poor are the mystery shoppers for Our Creator and His Son! 

Matthew 25: 40 holds the golden key as to why we have people in the world living in poverty. If no one is hungry - how do we have the opportunity to feed them?  If no one is thirsty - how will we have the opportunity to give them a drink? If no one is naked - how will we clothe them? Likewise, the importance of people being ill or in prison is also very important for Our Creator to see people's true colours.

My "Mystery Shopping" Experience

Despite having two university degrees and a strong work ethic, I was surprisingly thrust into abject poverty when COVID  came in and I lost my home and job in the same day.  A doctor told me I had three days to live if I did not have an operation on my heart immediately. Despite being quite ill I still tried to find employment of some kind. However, I have come to see if Our Creator wants me somewhere I will be there.  There were people I needed to meet on the streets.

I was shocked when I had the opportunity to "mystery-shop" my family, friends,  and even the church where I was baptized in the Holy Spirit. As I bounced around Ontario going from place to place trying to get elusive medical tests done, a refrain kept playing in my heart of hearts "I'm going to harden their hearts, I'm going to compound their fears, You will be living on the streets for about two years!"

It was amazing how Our Creator provided for me - I had quite a few miracles along the way - and a lot of setbacks too. Each time I managed to accumulate a few things, they would be removed from me. It happened again, and again, and again.  I am so glad Our Father sent His Son to die for us, so the Holy Spirit could abide in us and guide us. Without the Holy Spirit guiding me, I  am quite certain I would not have survived. I remember being so sick and weak at one point I crawled into a field and was led to lay in the sun on my ground sheet and nibble on flower petals until I had enough strength to meander down to the nearby stream and eat the bottom of the bulrush stems to settle my stomach. I had to learn that the only one on whom I could truly depend was Our Father. It was a very good lesson for me.

I am very grateful to be grafted into the Jewish Faith through Our Messiah who was born a son of Abraham and I am standing on that promise given to Abraham and all his sons that was passed down from generation to generation - "I will bless those who bless you."  

Thank you Father for blessing those who bless me - and I leave the rest to you.

Note: This blog has referral links that help our writers eat when you make purchases through them. Would you like to write on Turtle Dove Thoughts? Guest Bloggers are welcome. Please drop a note in the comments below.
Faith Gear Christian Men Hoodies
Click Here to Shop Faith Gear Now!


About This Author

Sister Su is grateful to God for keeping her alive. She is a Trent/Queen's Concurrent Education graduate with over 20 years of teaching experience. She writes on several blogs, has a YouTube channel and is most easily reached through Twitter @Sister_Su See her link tree for more details:@Sister_Su | Linktree

This post was proofread with the free version of Grammarly

1 comment:

Aphsie said...

Your testimony is truly impactful and the lessons you have gleaned from it are incredibly inspiring!

May God continue to pour out His blessings upon you abundantly✨